Mediatrix's DGW v2.0 Application offers enhanced security features to the Mediatrix portfolio of VoIP Gateways
Sherbrooke, QUEBEC, November 11, 2008 – Mediatrix Telecom, the leader in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) access devices and gateways, today announced the release of its new firmware application DGW v2.0.
DGW v2.0 offers enhanced security features such as TLS, SRTP, certificates management, SNMP v3 and HTTPS, designed to bring greater security for the network management, SIP signalling and media transmission aspects, across the full Mediatrix portfolio
“VoIP is a complex real-time communication service that is less tolerant of disruptions than most traditional network applications; this is why security is amongst the top concerns of enterprises deploying voice over IP systems today,” explained Marc Skinner, PLM Director at Mediatrix Telecom. “With the DGW v2.0 application implemented within almost our entire portfolio of VoIP gateways, we are working to ensure that our clients achieve the full benefit of VoIP while minimizing the inherent security threats.”
Mediatrix VoIP gateways with DGW v2.0 application provide enterprises with the capability to secure the edges of their networks as part of the establishment of secured end-to-end networks as well as to lower communications costs over any IP link. Mediatrix products support a variety of telephony interfaces including R2 CAS E1 interfaces, ISDN E1 PRI interfaces, ISDN T1 PRI interfaces, and ISDN BRI digital interfaces, as well as FXS analog interfaces. They provide an ideal solution for enterprise voice applications or for connecting to a service provider’s broadband access.
New Security Features
- HTTPS, for the exchange of Configuration Files.
- SNMP v3.
- SRTP with MIKEY using pre-shared keys (RFC 3830 and 4567) as key selection method.
- SIP over TLS transport method.
DGW v2.0 is available on the following Mediatrix Products:
- Mediatrix 3400 Series ISDN BRI Gateways
- Mediatrix 3500 / 3600 Series ISDN PRI Gateways
- Mediatrix 3700 Series Hybrid Gateways ( Analog and Digital Interfaces)
- Mediatrix 4100 Series Analog Access Points
- Mediatrix 4400 Series BRI Gateways
About Media5 Corporation
Media5 Corporation has built upon the leading technologies of Mediatrix Telecom and M5T to develop advanced, secure, and survivable Vocie over Internet Protocol (VoIP) products, technologies and services for Service Providers and Enterprise Networks. Media5 products and solutions are widely interoperable and have received commercial endorsement from some of the world’s leading manufacturers of telecommunications equipment as well as from large telecommunication carriers.
Powerful Expertise & Technology
Media5 will continue to offer the following industry leading brands of solutions:
- Mediatrix VoIP access devices and gateways, which are designed for the enterprise, SOHO, and Service Providers markets.
- M5T hardware and secure software technologies, which are aimed towards chipset manufacturers, equipment vendors, and service providers developing applications and products for real-time multimedia communications over IP.
- Media5Boss, an all-in-onesuite of solutions designed for security and survivability in multi-site, branch office environments.
Media5 has its corporate offices in the Sherbrooke area, in Canada, and regional offices in the United States, Europe and Middle East. For more information, please visit www.media5corp.com.
For more information, please contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
Phone: + 1 819 829 8749 ext: 5210